Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hello Autumn!


And hello cooler weather! Even though the day time temperatures are still in the 90's during the day, the nights are soft and cool. Over the next few weeks the harsh brassy blue sky will soften to a pale cornflower blue and the gray green grass will become a crisp emerald green. Sounds more like spring, doesn't it? But, that's the way of it in the Arizona desert.

As the weather cools off I come out of my summer hibernation feeling alive, awake, and refreshed. I'm ready to exercise my green thumb. There are house plants to be repotted, the rose bushes that have been so sadly neglected over the past 3 years need tending, I must have some flowers to hang on the front porch, and Cousin It, the Brazilian Pepper tree in the front yard is in desperate need of a hair cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment