Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Reorganize, revitalize, reclaim, rethink, reconnect; those are some of the things I'll be thinking about and doing over the next 100 days.
Fellow belly dancer Gina of RaksGina is hosting the 100 Days Challenge again this year and I am totally on board for this for the second time. In a nut shell, it's at least 10 things you want to do or experience during the last 100 days of the year.
This year I put some thought into what I wanted to accomplish and here is what I came up with:
1. Reduce the number of beading, crochet, and cross stitch kits I've bought over the decades. It's a ridiculously large amount and I can use the space. Pictures to follow in another post.
2. Reclaim my body with yoga.
3. Reclaim my mind with meditation
4. Reclaim myself by doing at least one nice thing for me. Like so many other moms I fall into that same trap of taking care of myself last.
5. Reconnect with my creative muse by learning at least one new bead related technique like Viking knit, micro macrame, or crystal clay.
6. Reduce the "to read" pile. I'm only doing this so that I can justify buying more books.
7. Reduce, the countless number of boxed up magazines I have stored in the garage in favor of having back issues on DVDs.
8. Reconnect with the beading community by joining at least one bead challenge.
9. Recharge my creativity by participating in either NaNoWriMo or National Seed Bead Month.
10. Revive this blog for the next 100 days and see where it leads.
11. BONUS GOAL: Rethink what I want to do as far as dancing is concerned. Two less than stellar troupe experiences, plus having an up and coming little dancer to think about, has left me wondering who I am and where I belong in the dance community.
*100 Day Challenge banner created by RaksGina.