Saturday, May 14, 2011

And For My Next Trick.....


...yoga!!!  In addition to my 365 Days of Dance I decided to try Gaiam's 21 Day Yoga Challenge just to see where it would lead me.  I'm happy to say that it has been leading me to a good place.  

Fourteen days into the challenge and I'm already seeing and feeling some phenomenal changes in my mind and body.  Mentally I'm enjoying a quieter mind, better sleep, and more energy during the day, which has led to a brighter outlook in general.  Yoga goodness!  Physically I'm starting to create more stability in my body by creating more balance in my flexibility.  I have a good deal of stretchiness in my legs, hips, and back, but my arms, shoulders, and chest are tight.  But less so after the best 2 weeks, and that has led to some remarkable changes in my dancing.  More yoga goodness!!

It's only May, but I've been wondering how I was going to follow up this dance challenge and now I'm toying with the idea of making 2012 My Year of Yoga.  Wonder what I'll do in 2013?  Just kidding!  Some days, I have a hard enough time knowing what I'll be doing from one minute to the next so planning my life that far in advance just ain't going to happen.  For right now, let's see how far I beyond 21 days of yoga I can go.  

Namaste!!

Belly Dance Stats:  152 days of dance for 7,114 minutes.  Pretty cool, eh?

*Woman doing yoga image provided by FreeDigitalPhotos 

No comments:

Post a Comment