Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall-Winter 2009 Color Report


The Fall-Winter 2009 Color Report for Bead & Jewelry Designers by Margie Deeb is now available on-line. Yipee!!!

It actually came out last week, but this is the first chance that I've had to tell you about it.

Twice a year Margie releases reports based on the 10 colors predicted by global color authority Pantone to be popular in fashion and home decor for the Spring-Summer and Fall-Winter seasons.

She brings these colors into the bead world by matching each Pantone color with a corresponding Delica, Swarovski crystal, and gemstone bead, then inviting several guest artist to create jewelry based on combinations of these colors.

The combinations and proportions that she suggests for each of the ten colors are inspirational and challenging. She even "double-dog" dares you to try some of her palettes!

Warm Olive, described as "adding a touch of elegance and sophistication to fall." is the color that I chose to work with. I paired it with hints of Rapture Rose and American Beauty. You can read more about the necklace, "Pandora", that I created just for this report in my August 29th blog post.

This season's contributing artists are: Chrissie Day, Jamie Cloud Eakin, Candace Cloud McLean, Derralynn McMaster, Maureen Buckley McRorie, and Kristy Nijenkamp,

I am pleased and honored to have been a part of these color reports from the beginning and I'm already working on my projects for the Spring-Summer 2010 season. My colors have been selected and the palettes have been put together; a little bit of bead hunting and I'll be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment